Background

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Six for Saturday?


I am finally linking up with Kasey from Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for her Five for Friday linky.  I hate linking up late, so I thought in order to make up for it I would add one extra picture and call it Six for Saturday.

Anyone with me when I say the shortest weeks feel like the longest?

Here's what's been happening in First Grade:

Monday: President's Day Holiday! No School!  Hip Hip Hooray!

Tuesday and Wednesday: 


 Thursday: I went to a 1st and 2nd grade training at our Region center.  It was thebomb.com.  
My Friend Liz from my old school was there and we got to hang out all day long!  I SO needed that!

Aside from learning SO MUCH, we also won door prizes!  

Here we are with our anglegs.  

We also got our free choice of a book from B&N.

I picked Wild About Books and my friend picked Henry's Freedom Box.

I guess I'm going to have to stop saying that "I never win anything."  
We won BIG this time!

I had so many "AHA" moments at that conference.  It was great to be able to talk it out with Liz.  At two separate times we both said to each other, "I need to re-do everything in my classroom!"  

By the end of the day, we were feeling so excited and overwhelmed with all of the new information and strategies, we convinced each other to go straight home and plan it all out.  Put it on paper.

Here's how I planned it out:


Yep! That's right.  I went shopping!

Can you blame me?

I felt a lot better after that.  

(Update: Since then I have managed to put what I've learned into my lesson plans.  It's happening next week.  I will let you know how it goes!)


On Friday, my class earned a party and voted to have a "game day".  Students brought their favorite game to school and we played it after lunch. 
 I taught two of my students how to play Battleship (a childhood favorite of mine!)  
The headbands game was a HIT.  I even joined in a few rounds and had the time of my life! 
It was fun to see who brought what games.  We had an anger birds game and a princess spinner story telling game!

Saturday: Laundry day.


Thanks for humoring me with my Five for Friday Six for Saturday!  

Have you ever heard of Roam, Dip, Sit?  
That's what I'm trying out during centers on Monday!
Wish me luck!





1 comment:

  1. Sandals and a sleevless shirt?? Jealous!! We are knee deep in snow! Congrats on winning at your training day and yay for getting to hang with your friend!!

    ReplyDelete