Background

Monday, September 2, 2013

September Currently

Hi, my name is the Frizz.  You might not remember me because I have not blogged in a month, so I'd like to reintroduce myself.  I have frizzy red hair, love giraffes, and teach 2nd grade in Texas.

But seriously.  It's about time I get over this blogger writer's block.  

It's not that I have nothing to say.  It's that I have SO much to say, I have no idea where to start!  I've switched schools and grade levels.  I think this is true for all writing-but especially for blogging-the hardest part is the starting.

Thank you Farley for your monthly currently! 




1. My husband has started school again, and with that comes less play and more work....from the both of us!  The month of August is one of the hardest months for us because my summer ends long before his does.  While I am stressing out over where to hang my bulletin boards, he is relaxing by the pool. Arggh!  But by the end of August, he is in a frazzle to get back into the swing of things which makes me feel a bit better!

2. Three weeks into school and we have a day off! PTL!  It was much needed.  I was on the verge of a cold and was able to kick it by sleeping 12 hours on Friday night!

3. I am looking for ways to better my math instruction time.  We use Everyday Math at our school and I do a combination of Math Workshop/Daily Five Math/Debbie Diller Workstations.  Any advice that seems to work for you?

4. It.Is.So.Hot.Here.  ('nuff said.)

5. I did it! Now if only I can keep a good thing going.

6. Over the summer the hubs and I started a weekly date night.  It has been so much fun and a much needed dating refresher!

Working out seems to keep me level headed during all this stress!  I need the gym!

My last goal is to plan a girls night.  We always have a back to school teacher slumber party which is so fun! We spend HOURS just talking about all things teachery.  We make promises to hang out outside of school, but never make it happen. This year I want to make it happen!

I also want to start a girls night once Parenthood premiers!  
Anyone with me?




 photo signature1_zps4ea97c0d.png  photo Mac-Header_zps21ed0e8a.png

1 comment:

  1. Whoo Hoo for Labor day as well!!
    Have a great rest of your day off!!
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete