Background

Monday, February 10, 2014

Currently February

Seriously?

Where has the time gone?

Even as I type that last question, I'm wondering why it seems like the days are crawling by, yet the weeks and months somehow fly by?

Time is a weird thing, my friend.

Teaching has me busy, as usual.

It seems like as of late, I have been overly stressed.

Teaching is a stressful job.

But when you combine it with a perfectionist who also has a fear of failure, I've got a line of new wrinkles and a patch of gray hairs.

When you are doing your best, what you are doing is enough.

I am doing my best.  It.is.enough.

Repeat daily every hour.


Hubs and I have quite a tradition on Monday nights.  He plays video games (shhh....he wouldn't want me to tell you that) and listens to a soccer podcast to catch up on his Swansea City, while I sit on the couch and try not to make a decision in preparation for the next school day.

Oh.My.Word!  
I'm an aunt!
My sister had her baby on Friday.  
8 pounder!  
Blake Avery is her name and she is SO precious!

I would show you a picture of her, but my brother in law is a little paranoid about photos of his baby on the internet.  We have currently been forbidden to share any photos of her on facebook or instagram.  Whomp whomp.

It's such a shame.  She is beautiful.  

School has been on my mind a lot recently.  
I'm not the teacher I want to be.  
I'm not sure how to change, but I think a start would be to reflect on the teacher I AM right now.

Seriously.  

Hello?

Winter?  The Earth called.  It wants the sun back.  Pleaseandthankyou.

Treat yo' self.  

Any Parks and Recs Fans out there know what I'm sayin?

My fib is that I am the oldest child.  I am the baby of the family and it shows in most situations :)


Okay, if you are like me, and need a little inspiration to get you through this (Valentine's) week, you have to read this blog post!  

You matter, just the way you are.
Happy teaching!





 photo signature1_zps4ea97c0d.png  photo Mac-Header_zps21ed0e8a.png

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog via Farley's linkup! :) I also teach 2nd grade, but in Virginia. Come check out my blog as well :)

    Chrissy
    www.adventuresn2grade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectionism comes with teaching I think. I also suffer with not thinking I am doing enough. Thanks for the mantra. "I am doing my best." And I'm sure that you are too! I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete