Background

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Awards Ceremony

After successfully linking up with the Newbies Blog Hop I have had so much fun getting to know some fellow newbies.  When I receive a comment, I always go check out their cute blogs for inspiration.

I have some exciting news for you:

1. I have 10 followers!  I am excited to get to know each and every one of them!
(You ladies are too kind.)
2. I have been nominated for 2 different awards!

Drumroll please.





I am so honored to receive these two awards.  Thank you to Mrs. Livers from Starring in First Grade, Laura from Oh, How Pinteresting! (Cute title!), and Kim from Lessons, Learning, & Laughter!  This post would not be possible without you :)  Go check out their up and coming blogs!



Guidelines for the combined awards:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
(and follow their blog)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. Include the award image in your post
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
6. When nominating, include a link to their blog
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated

And the Versatile/One Lovely Blog Award Goes to ….
(in no particular order)


7 Random Fact about The Frizz
1. All within the year 2010 I received my bachelor's degree, got married, signed my first official apartment lease, and got my first real job teaching FIRST graders! (lots of firsts!)


2. I think wearing orange, red, or pink clashes with my red hair.  These colors tend to be my least favorite.
3. I have been known to have the temper that comes along with red hair. 
(The first step is admitting right?)
4. I am the youngest of three sisters.  
We all graduated college the exact same semester.  
I got married, and they both followed within a year and 1/2.

5. I love giraffes!  I think they are the most creative and interesting creatures on earth! 
6. I want to wear my bridesmaids dress to a fancy party because it is green and cute.  (See #4)
7.  My favorite number is eight, so I am a little tempted to create another random fact just so I can use the number 8!

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Looking forward to future posts.


    Oh, How Pintearesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogland! THANK YOU SO MUCH! For the Awards! I'm so happy when someone visits my blog....that's what it's all about! I hope my blog colors won't stop you from stopping by once in a while (LOL!).

    Diane
    Teaching with Moxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about the colors! I'm already in love with your blog!

      Check out my recent post! I'm linking up with you for Math Daily 5!

      :)
      The Frizz

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the awards! And I am your 14th new follower! I love your page layout and color scheme, so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm hoping to start posting some 1st grade ideas so stay tuned! Thanks again! Heather Langley
    mrslangleysclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the awards! I'm planning on paying it forward tonight! I LOVED your 7 facts by the way! You need to visit the San Diego zoo where you can feed the giraffes. I'm going to post a pic just for you! We went 2 weeks ago and well, you'll see! lol

    Stacey
    http://rayofkindergartensunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very jealous you got that close to a giraffe!

      Hopefully one day I'll get to go the the SD Zoo.

      Thanks for the shout out :)

      Delete
  5. Love your blog. Thank you for nominating me for a award :) I am now your follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog & I'm your newest follower! I also teach 1st grade & am excited to follow along & share ideas! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete