Background

Friday, August 22, 2014

Back to School Blog Hop: What





I absolutely love to teach writing!  It is by far the hardest subject for me to teach, which makes it all worth it to figure out how to help my students write!

Click here to learn more about how I launch writer's workshop!

I co-created a Writer's Workshop launch pack filled with anchor chart examples, documentation, and templates to help get you started this year!


Click the picture or here to check it out!


I also love to teach reading! 

My kids have already figured out (six days into the school year) that I am a book-a-holic.  

I love reading books.

Repeat: I LOVE reading!

Growing up in school, I was not a strong reader.  

After lots and lots of practice and a wonderful fourth grade teacher, I finally fell in love with reading.

THAT is my goal as a reading teacher.

In order to stay organized as a reading teacher, I have created a Sight Word Pack.

This pack includes student booklets, 100 sight words for 2nd graders, as well as teacher documentation and tracking.

Click on the picture to check it out! 


Here is how I use them in my classroom: 



And for my freebie, check out my Daily Five student rotations!

Checking in with Reading Centers


What do you love to teach?  

Anyone out there in love with teaching math yuck social studies or science?

Care to share any helpful tips?




 photo signature1_zps4ea97c0d.png  photo Mac-Header_zps21ed0e8a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment